6.24.2010

burnt butter cupcakes

Yesterday I made the yummiest burnt butter cupcakes. I did follow the recipe for the frosting as well, but it did not turn out like it should have. The problem was in the safe-to-eat cookie dough, not the heavy cream. :)

The other problem I had with the recipe was this...despite their amazing instructions on actually burning the butter, mine never solidified like it was supposed to. But I used it anyway, and the cupcakes turned out just fine.

Despite the difference of looks in the frosting, the cupcakes still turned out delicious! Instead of putting chocolate chips in the cupcake batter or the frosting, I simply put some mini-cupcakes on top of the cupcakes. I also didn't put cookie dough in the middle of the cupcakes. Just kept them as is.

This may be my new favorite flavor of cupcake. So yummy!

No comments: