2.20.2010

olympics and a story

"Aw, man," were the exact words of Noelle yesterday, when the final results were in. She was in Bronze medal position with one more left to slide. And that person pushed her into 4th place. She missed the medals by about a tenth of a second. "Aw, man," is RIGHT!

But, as always, she remained positive and firm in her belief that everything happens for a reason. Noelle made everyone who was cheering for her proud!

Before they showed the skeleton competition, I was watching ice dancing. I've never really been a fan of this portion of the Olympics. Ice skating, I'll watch. Ice dancing, not so much. I remembered why last night. The compete in 4 different areas, and last night every single couple (I think there were 16) danced the exact same steps to the exact same song. That song was driving me BONKERS after the third or fourth time around. Please remember I was watching only because I didn't know when they were showing skeleton. I didn't want to miss it. Anyway, as it got closer to the end, the song only drove me more crazy! So I muted the tv and turned on my own music. I was listening to Carrie Underwood's "Undo It" song, when I looked up at the tv again. The couple on the ice was dancing perfectly to the rhythm of my song.

See ice dancing pros? You can dance to different songs!

Finally, a story. One of my 3rd graders yesterday asked me what my favorite color was. I told her it was orange. Just a few minutes later, she walked up and showed me the back of her writing journal. I read the orange crayon writing that said, "I like Mrs. Wedd." It was so cute!

1 comment:

Calista said...

Yes, I agree about ice dancing. However it wasn't until this Olympics that I realized that the competition has requirements that everyone has to do. So in the short program everyone has to do the same three jumps and then whatever else they want. And in another program everyone has to dance the same style of dance like swing or paso doble. And then there is the program where everyone has the same song. So it isn't their fault (at least for that section).

Sad day about Noelle! I missed the skeleton that night and was trying to check the medals and couldn't find her name and was wondering what had happened! Sad day!