5.10.2010

book review

I just finished reading the City of Ember series. There are four books in the series:

The City of Ember, The People of Sparks
The Prophet of Yonwood, The Diamond of Darkhold

I loved the series. I was only disappointed with the third book (Yonwood).

The first book is about Ember, and underground city built when the world was at the brink of destruction. Their electricity is failing, their food supplies running low, so they have to find a way to get out.

The second book is about what happens after they find their way out of the city, and how they learn to get along (or not get along) with a small village they find.

The third book is actually a prequel to Ember, and takes us back to the time that the world was about to be destroyed.

The fourth book jumps back to the characters from the first two, and concludes the story.

I found it funny that the book I didn't like as much was the one that included different characters and was set in a different time.

I'd recommend the first, second, and fourth books. You'll understand them just fine without the prequel/third book. There are one or two things you'll connect back to the prequel if you've read it, but it would do no harm to just skip over it.

1 comment:

Dianna said...

I'm going to be starting the second one soon. Thanks for sharing your review. It's good to know what to expect.