7.07.2010

patriotic cupcakes parts 2 and 3

I got a call Saturday night. 3 dozen cupcakes to decorate? Why yes, thank you! Picked them up on Sunday. First batch was for the 4th of July celebration at the Webb's home. They were basically the same as the first, just different colors:





















































I made a second batch on Monday for my family's celebration. Instead of regular cupcakes, though, I decided to make Bakerella's cake pops. I made mine star-shaped, and they turned out pretty good, although not as perfect as Bakerella's do... :)

























3 comments:

Diana said...

I am so impressed. I am guessing on those first cupcakes you made and hardened those sugary shapes on top? Or is that fondant? Please do tell. I'm proud of you for continuing on with those efforts of cake decorating! You're inspiring

katie+brandon said...

YOU. ARE. AMAZING.

Have I told you lately I want to be you??

Mrs. Webb said...

Diana - the shapes on top are just white chocolate candy melts. I melted them down and piped them into the shapes I wanted! It's actually super duper easy!