2.12.2010

thoughts

1. I know someone AMAZING! She was just on TV moments ago, in the opening ceremonies of the olympics. Noelle Pikus-Pace. She was a big influence in my life, and I'm so excited that she was able to go to the olympics this year! They showed her for a few short seconds, dancing away in the stands, with blue and red streaks in her hair.

2. I also know a funny boy at work. He's a 6th grader. Yesterday I was in a crazy mood. It was the last 15 minutes of the day, and the kids and myself were ready to go home. But, we still had to do fry phrases for 15 more minutes. So, as I was walking down the stairs in the little theater, I may or may not have sang a little bit. Just some "do-de-do-de-do's," but he thought it was funny enough to say, "Mrs. Webb, you're so AWESOME today!" I turned to look at him, and he quickly added, "as ALWAYS!" Haha!

3. Back to the olympics. Should I be capitalizing Olympics? I'm not sure. Anyway, my favorite olympic sport, hands down, is speed skating. I've always loved it. It's so fast paced and intense. Of course this year I'll be making a point to watch the skeleton competition to see Noelle, and I also love the ski aerials, where they do cool flips and stuff in the air.

4. LONG WEEKEND! Enough said there.

5. Tomorrow, Mr. Webb and I are celebrating Valentine's Day. He's going to take me out to dinner, and then we are going to see Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. CAN'T WAIT! I've been waiting for this movie to come out for a long time!

6. I want to make some hip and happenin' yet cheap home decorations. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Diana said...

Okay, I must tell you that I have thoroughly enjoyed the Speed Skating as well. I don't remember ever really watching it, but richard and I were making sure we watched as much as we could. Today he exclaimed, "I could watch it all the time." Anyway...

Amy said...

Yes, Olympics should be capitalized. It's a proper noun.