1.11.2011

my to do list

Every year in January, I get inspired to set goals and try being a better person all over again. Usually I don't last long on my keeping my goals, but I always try. I try at other times during the year, too, but obviously January inspires me more than most other months.

Although the new year has only been around for 10 days, I've already been doing pretty well with my goals this year! I made dinner every day last week, and Mr. Webb and I have only missed one night of scripture reading so far!

One of my bigger goals was to trying new things. Whether it be recipes, crafts, or games, I just want to be more open to trying things.


Mrs. Mordecai over at Be It Ever So Humble wrote a post yesterday about creating things, and made a list of things she has already created this year. So I thought that since I'd been looking around for new things to do, I'd make a list of things I want to create. Here are a few of the things I want to try out this year:
  1. Sew a Purse - I bought the pattern and fabric last year when I purchased the fabric for this no-sew purse, but I haven't made it yet. My mom said she'd help me out, so hopefully in a week or two it will be done.
  2. Cake Batter Bark - I love cake, but cake batter is super delicious, and something I've missed immensely since I've been pregnant. So this recipe is definitely something I'll be trying soon!
  3. Cupcake Stands - I shouldn't have to tell you about my cupcake obsession. I love them. The end. But if I can make four or five of these cute stands, then the pictures of my cupcakes might look more professional. Maybe.
  4. Greeting Cards - Making cards is something I've done for quite awhile. I've always loved to make them. Birthday cards, usually. But last year I don't think I sent out more than 2 cards. So this year I'm hoping to get back into the groove of making and mailing everyone birthday cards. Let me know if you want one. :)
  5. My Own Recipe - I like to cook, but I am a strict recipe follower. Except with chicken. If it's chicken, I just through some seasonings in a bag, shake and coat the chicken, and plop it in the oven. But I want to make up at least 2 of my own recipes this year. We'll see how that goes.
  6. Butterbeer Cupcakes - As an avid Harry Potter fan, I don't feel the need to explain why I want to make these.
I'm sure I'll add more to the list as the year progresses, but for now, I think that's a good start!

2 comments:

katie+brandon said...

AWESOME. So, I ate cake batter all the time when I was pregnant. oops.
I. WANT. THOSE. STANDS. So, so, so very much.
Uh, I want to make those butterbeer cupcakes. Will you teach me???
YOU are AMAZING!!!
Can we play?

Diana said...

Were we not bffs, because we were just TOO alike in our interests?! I look forward to hearing your updates on completing these goals. Until then, i'm studying this cupcake stand ordeal!