8.01.2011

kiva

My sister told me about Kiva awhile ago. She said that instead of buying shoes for her birthday, she gave someone a loan. The cool thing is, these people work off that loan and you get the money back. Then you can turn around and lend it to someone else. And it literally changes their lives.

Some people need help starting up a fruit and vegetable stand. Some people need money to build a bigger working space. Some people use the money to get educated. Whatever it is, it really does change their lives. I'm sure they explain it better on their website, so you can read about it there if you have more questions.

Right now Kiva is letting you lend someone in need $25. And you don't have to pay a cent. How cool is that? My sister sent me the link, and I was able to sign up and lend $25. I've wanted to do this for awhile, and I've been waiting until we have room in our budget to do so. But I just got to do it for free!

So follow this link and give a free loan. It's worth it

No comments: