8.01.2010

michigan - day six

Warning: This post will have a lot of pictures, and probably not too much writing (which is just how I like it).























Monday morning we drove around to look at some cool houses, and then we stopped at Thorne Swift. Thorne Swift is a nature preserve, and we were especially lucky to visit the morning after it rained. There were so many cool kinds of mushrooms that had popped up, just for our viewing pleasure.




After eating lunch, we headed back to my aunt and uncle's place in Petoskey, but not for long! My uncle took me, Mr. Webb, my sister and her husband to Charlevoix where we were able to go sailing! It was a lot of fun. The only problem I had was that, due to having to take Dramamine to avoid getting sick, I actually slept for a long time on the sail boat.



After sailing we walked down by the main street shops in Charlevoix, which were a lot like the shops in Petoskey. Then we met my mom and my aunt at the Weathervane for dinner.



After dinner, we walked around Charlevoix to look at some adorable "Mushroom" houses, a.k.a. Hobbit houses. You can read about the architect and see his houses here. I will also post the pictures I took, of course! :) He also designed the restaurant we ate at.




Tomorrow, day seven.

No comments: