8.28.2010

my favorite recipes

Lately I've been trying to use up my cake mixes that I have in my food storage, but I do have a few cake recipes that I love.

Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake - This cake is delicious! I fill it with vanilla frosting and it tastes like a high class hostess cupcake.

Brown Butter Cupcakes - This is one of my all time favorite recipes! I found this recipe when I was looking for a good cookie dough cupcake. I followed their recipe, but I did not put cookie dough filling in the middle of the cupcake. I also tried their cookie dough frosting, and even though mine didn't turn out like theirs, it was still delicious!



Frosting Recipes

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 to 6 tablespoons milk

Cream butter until light. Beat in sugar and vanilla. Add milk. If your frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar. If it's to thick, add more milk.

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Follow the above recipe, but instead of using 4 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, use 4 cups of powdered sugar and 1/2 cup baking cocoa. You may also need a bit more milk.

I'll try to remember to keep linking to or posting new recipes as I try them out.

No comments: