8.23.2010

release

It was probably December or January when I discovered The Hunger Games. I borrowed it from my family. I had heard about the book before, but it sounded like a bizarre plot to me. However, it was Christmas break and I needed a good book to read. So I began reading the Hunger Games.

And I did not stop until I was finished with the book.

Then I was thrilled to find out that my family also had the second book, Catching Fire. So the day after reading Hunger Games, I switched it out for Catching Fire. I began reading this second book in the series.

And I did not stop reading until I was finished.

Okay, that was kind of a lie. I was back at work the day I started Catching Fire (which would make it January...), so every single break I had (3 minutes or 30), and all during my lunch hour, I was reading Catching Fire.

As soon as I was done, I went online to amazon.com to pre-order Mockingjay, the final installment of the Hunger Games.

This book will be arriving at my house tomorrow, and you'd better believe that as soon as I get home from work, I will be reading that book.

Last week I went to Border's and, in all my nerdiness, I purchased a Mockingjay keychain (they are the only place that has them, fyi).

I am ridiculously excited for it's release, and I'm glad I'm not getting it at midnight tonight, or I might be sorely tempted not to go into work for the two or three hours I'll be calling to set up appointments for preschoolers' parents. I might also be sorely tempted not to make my dozen cupcakes that I'm getting paid for. And I might be extremely tempted not to get any housework done, which I need to do before Wednesday comes and I'm back to work full time.

If you haven't read the Hunger Games, do it! I've not met one person who has read them and not liked them. But I'll be really sad if you take my advice and read them, only to find that you hate them...

2 comments:

katie+brandon said...

funny girl... love this post.

I'm considering reading them... people have told me i won't be able to handle them though.

thoughts?

Holly said...

My copy arrived Monday night!