1.17.2010

the magic thief

This is another book that I got for Christmas.

The Magic Thief, by Sarah Prineas, was an interesting book, but I really didn't like the style it was written in. I got a little more into it at the end, but it's probably not one I would read again. I may not even read the next book in the series.

The book is about a young boy, who is a pickpocket. One night, he steals a wizard's magic stone. Instead of punishing him for it, the wizard takes him on as an apprentice. Together, they are trying to save the city, who's magic is depleting rapidly.



I'd give the book 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Right now I'm re-reading the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. 5/5 stars for me. I'd recommend it for sure!

1 comment:

katie+brandon said...

I need a new book to read. Not sure I know what the ugly ones are though. :) they sound interesting...